One of the biggest issues I hear about from my constituents is concerns with transportation. Whether it is traffic congestion or concerns with road conditions, I have supported efforts to improve transportation infrastructure in our community.
I supported Act 89 of 2013 which invests $2.3 billion into transportation annually. This infusion of funds is being used to address transportation deficiencies around the Commonwealth. Right in our own community, I’ve supported many local road improvement projects including:
- $4.2 million for improvements at the Ft. Washington interchange of the PA Turnpike in Upper Dublin;
- $7.3 million in intersection improvements at 5 points in Montgomeryville;
- $14.7 million for road widening on County Line Road from Stump to Kulp Road;
- $15 million for road widening and resurfacing of County Line Road from Kulp Road to Route 611;
- $21 million in intersection improvements on Welsh Road at Limekiln Pike and Norristown Road;
- $2 million grant to Upper Dublin Township to add a turnpike slip ramp at the Fort Washington Office Park; and
- $1 million grant for Lower Gwynedd for improvements at the Norristown Road and Sumneytown Pike intersection.
I remain committed to ensuring our transportation infrastructure meet our current and future demands.